Thursday, September 11, 2008

Trying to Be a Responsible Citizen

Last night, I was driving home from church when I received a call on my cell phone. Normally, I talk on my cell phone while I drive. But I heard this voice in the back of my head to turn off the road, stop and take the call. I decided to listen and be a responsible citizen and I pulled off into a driveway so that I didn't kill anyone on the road.

For those of you who haven't driven Campbellsville Pike, it is a narrow road that is twisty and hilly. This road is really fun to go fast on, which also makes it extremely dangerous. The phone call I took required my full attention so I knew I needed to stop driving and focus on the call.

The driveway I pulled off into was a wide drive, not like your typical driveway for a house. The driveway could easily fit 3 cars across. The cool thing about the experience was that I had at least 4 cars approach me, roll down their windows and ask if everything was ok. I answered everytime: "Thanks, I'm fine. I'm just taking a call on my cell so I don't get into an accident." I thought to myself, "Wow, there are some awesome people in the world that care." It gave me hope.

Except for the last car. While I was finishing up my phone call, another car came along, rolled down the window and said, "You're in my way; get out of the middle of the road."

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment