Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Little Reminders: Kroger MINUS card

I went to Kroger over the weekend and had to do a lot of multi-tasking while in the checkout line: unloading the grocery cart, talking to Natalie making sure she was ok, getting out my wallet to get the debit card and of course remembering to be pleasant and give a 'hi' to the checkout lady, swiping the card, signing the balance and making sure we didn't leave a sackful of groceries behind. It's high pressure!

I looked at the receipt and something was wrong. I did the math and I had paid way too much for the items I got. It took me a while but I finally figured out that she didn't scan my Kroger plus card. I brought it to her attention and she quickly refunded me the $6 I saved and I went home to tell my wife.

My wife informs me that Kroger doesn't ask for your plus card anymore. I was shocked! Why wouldn't they ask for the card? Well, they don't want to be a nuisance and pest for those who don't have a card. I can sort of relate. I get peeved at the sales pitches to open a credit card balance while I'm at a store. But I never get upset if they ask me for a plus card if I don't have one (eg. FoodLion) because it's about feeling special.

I really appreciate someone helping me out and reminding me about an offer that saves me money. That's awesome! When I forget, it takes more time and energy to fix the problem than it would to have just asked up front in the first place.

I don't know. Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I need to. Maybe I should just suck it up, add "take out plus card" to my checkout routine and be done with it. But I sure miss that little reminder.

Since I'm in the church world, it makes me think about all the little reminders that we forget to tell guests and returning guests to our churches: how do you "sign in"? Where do you go for church? Where is the Bible study class? Did anyone say "hello" and "good morning" to them? What's the offering all about? What's that stale wafer and shot of wine all about? Where do you sit? We shouldn't assume that our guests know everything about how to 'do' church...we need to walk them through it. They certainly are multi-tasking before they even walk through the doors! Little reminders help them to feel a part of the experience and relieves their anxiety.