Monday, October 6, 2008

My week ahead...

Got a busy week ahead:

"I'M TOO BUSY NOT TO PRAY."
Martin Luther said that profound truth.  I came across a resource that has revolutionized my prayer life.  Check it out.  At EchoPrayer, you can:

* set up reminders via email and/or txt to your phone
* random prayers pop up to avoid predictability that leads to a boring and stale prayer life
* keep an ongoing journal about how God is answering those prayers

3 phrases: Simple, Easy, Less-Prep and More-Prayer


Geeked about checking in with one of our college students on Wednesday and then attending Catalyst Thursday and Friday.  This is THE premier young leader experience.  I'm forever grateful for the donor in my church that makes it possible for me to attend and re-energize my heart for pastoral ministry.

While I'm at Catalyst, Nelson Searcy, lead pastor at The Journey church in NYC is hosting a reception.  Can't wait to pick his brain and his cheesecake!

THE PEOPLE'S TABLE
While I'm away, my church is hitting the streets and serving Columbia's hungry.  I wonder what storeis I'll hear about God's work through this simple act of service.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE...

I want to be this church

Hope you have a great week and I can't wait to tell you all about Catalyst!

1 comment:

  1. Randy,
    Great to have lunch with you the other day. Hope you'll blog about what you hear at Catalyst!

    ReplyDelete