Friday, January 29, 2010

What Gets Measured Gets Changed

If you could make a visual of your personal routines, what would it look like?

Each year, Nicholas Feltron tracks his personal routine and creates a compelling visual report. For example, click here to see his 2009 report.

I would like to change my personal routine in 2010 but first I need to track my current habits and discover what needs to change.


(I plan to use the tool called Daytum to help track my daily routines.)


To start this journey, I need to find the routines that would be the most important to change.

So far, I have DINING OUT, DINING IN, DRINKS, BOOKS READ, PAGES READ, EXERCISE as possible categories.

What do you think are the important categories that I should track?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Randy,

    Found your blog via my Felton Google Alert. I am also a Lutheran (well, my family is) from Ohio! Now in NC.

    Self-tracking has added a lot to my life. You can read about it here: http://wehrintheworld.blogspot.com/search/label/self-track.

    I would particularly recommend this post, which goes over some lessons learned: http://wehrintheworld.blogspot.com/2009/11/evolution-of-tracking-myself.html.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete