Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What's on my mp3 player?

I've had an mp3 player for about a year and I'm lovin it!  It really helps recapture those "dead" moments in pastoral ministry: driving in the car, waiting at a restaurant for a meeting, etc.  You would be surprised how much you can listen to just driving for 15 minutes to and from work!

So without any further ado, here's what on my mp3 player:

*** FOR LEADERSHIP INSIGHTS, I LISTEN TO:

ANDY STANLEY - LEADERSHIP, BEST OF AND WEEKLY PODCASTS: I'm really glad Andy Stanley put his thoughts on leadership in a podcast.  It's an easy way to share his insights with my staff.  And of course, listening to his sermons are great too!

CATALYST PODCAST: Each month, these guys interview leaders and gurus in different fields of culture change.  Awesome insights here!

CHURCH LEADER INSIGHTS: Nelson Searcy, pastor in New York City, offers his insights on connecting the dots between the unchurched and the church world.

WORSHIP LEADER INSIGHTS: Jason Hatley is the worship leader at The Journey Church of the City in New York.  Working with Nelson Searcy, Jason offers practical insights on leading worship.

FERMI PROJECT: offers insights from a broad collection of innovators, artists, social entrepreneurs and other leaders who experiment with ways to advance the good in culture.  This jump started with the book they did called "UnChristian".  A powerful read that should open any Christian leader's eyes.

*** FOR CREATIVE INSIGHTS, I LISTEN TO:

CREATIVEPASTORS BLOG AND PODCAST: Ed Young Jr. is a master at creativity and connecting the dots from the Bible to the people in a creative way.  In a recent series, he brought in a full toilet to illustrate the difference between lust and desire.  In one of my sermons, I brought on a seat from a toilet and it didn't go over well.  I'm definately no Ed Young Jr, but I think the way he does!

*** FOR SERMON IDEAS AND STORIES, I LISTEN TO:

NAPKIN SCRIBBLES: These are short daily life insights from author and futurist Leonard Sweet.  I eat up (not literally) all of his books.  Great author and Tweeter.

KERRYING ON: Kerry Patterson offers illustrations from moments in his life that apply to the leadership world. Author of a simple but powerful book called Influencer.

FOREFRONT CHURCH: Vince Antonucci is the pastor but is transitioning to launch a church on the Las Vegas strip.  Hilariously funny with a Junior High school boyish humor, Vince captures people's hearts in a style that I aspire to.

LIFECHURCH.TV WITH CRAIG GROESCHEL: This guy wears me out!  Full of energy and passion, Craig Groeschel delivers and keeps my attention.

MARS HILL: Mark Driscoll is the pastor in Seattle who is a passionate Bible teacher.  He just finished a series on Doctrine which I plan to adapt and walk my congregation through.

MAURY HILLS: It's always good to explore the culture you are in.  This podcast is from a colleague in ministry, Russ Adcox.  He is leading his church here in Columbia to do some awesome things!

*** TO INSPIRE MY LIFE, I LISTEN TO:

CORNERSTONE SIMI: Francis Chan, pastor at Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley, California brings a thoughtful message that captures my heart.  

THE VILLAGE CHURCH: What can I say but 'wow'!  This young pastor, Matt Chandler, walks through a book of the Bible verse-by-verse from start to finish.  Impressive, knowledgeable and fast-paced, Matt offers a relevant message to my generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment