Thursday, November 13, 2008

Building Relationships

I was listening to someone talk about building relationships with people.  They outlined an intriguing way to build relationships:

Level 1: HISTORY SHARING (sharing experiences from the past)

Level 2: AFFIRMATION (words to God about you, words to you about you, and actions to impact your world)

Level 3: COVENANT ("I can tell you what I think, feel and know and I can trust you with it.")

Level 4: DREAMING ("If I can trust you with my past [Level 1] and my present [Level 2 and 3], then I can trust you to help me with my future [Level 4].")

When you think about your relationships with other people, what level are they at?

Pick one relationship you want to cultivate and grow: What might you do to take your relationship to the next level?

No comments:

Post a Comment